Butternut Squash, Pea, Broccoli and Kale Puree
Make your own baby food with this nutritious vegetable purée recipe from Annabel Karmel.
Butternut Squash, Pea, Broccoli and Kale Puree From Annabel’s 25th anniversary New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner.
|2 tsp||olive oil|
|200g||peeled butternut squash, diced|
|350ml||unsalted or weak vegetable stock|
|40g||trimmed kale leaves, washed|
|20g||grated Parmesan cheese|
You will need a blender.
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the onion and squash and sauté for 1 minute, then add the stock.
3. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli, kale and peas and simmer for a further 6 – 8 minutes until tender.
5. Puree in a blender until smooth. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.