Mary Berry’s Roasting Tin Thai Salmon and Vegetables
This Thai-inspired roasting tin salmon dish from Mary Berry's BBC2 series Simple Comforts is packed with flavour and makes for a deliciously healthy meal.
From the book
Packed with Thai flavours and healthy too, this dish has become a firm favourite of mine. And it’s so easy to make, as the salmon, sauce and vegetables are all cooked together in one roasting tin in the oven. Thai basil is ideal here but if you don’t have any, coriander works well too.
Catch all of your favourite recipes from Mary’s new series, Simple Comforts, here.
|400ml (14fl oz) tin||full-fat coconut milk|
|2 tbsp||red Thai paste|
|1||fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely diced|
|1||large garlic clove, crushed|
|6cm (2½in) knob||fresh root ginger, coarsely grated|
|juice of 2 limes|
|2 tsp||fish sauce|
|1||cauliflower, split into very small florets|
|2||Romano peppers, deseeded and cut into large pieces|
|3||banana shallots, halved|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tbsp||runny honey|
|150g (5oz)||baby courgettes, sliced thinly on the diagonal|
|6||thin salmon fillets (about 150g/5oz each), skinned|
|Thai basil or fresh coriander, chopped|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ Gas 7.
2. Measure the coconut milk, Thai paste, chilli, garlic, ginger, lime juice and fish sauce into a small bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
3. Scatter the cauliflower florets, peppers and shallots into a large roasting tin or an ovenproof dish. Add a tablespoon of the oil and mix well, then pour over half the sauce, season and drizzle over the honey. Roast in the oven for about 12–15 minutes until the vegetables are starting to brown.
4. Toss the courgettes in the remaining oil and add them and the salmon to the tin. Spoon over the remaining sauce, then roast for a further 10 minutes until the salmon flesh is opaque pink and is just cooked.
5. Sprinkle over the Thai basil or coriander and serve with some steamed rice.
Get your copy of Mary Berry’s essential new guide to comfort cooking, with over 120 delicious, foolproof recipes: