Who is the author: Food writer, TV regular, and queen of baking, Mary Berry has been teaching the nation to cook for decades and is one of the UK’s most prolific cookbook authors.
What’s it about: Accompanying her upcoming BBC series of the same name, Mary Makes it Easy takes the stress out of home cooking with 120 brand-new dishes that are as easy to cook as they are delicious. These include one-pot dinners, five-ingredient recipes, pantry cupboard staples, and fuss-free desserts and bakes. Each dish featured in the book is gorgeously photographed, and dotted throughout its pages are failsafe tips on food preparation, storage, and freezing. Whether you’re cooking a simple solo supper, a quick dinner for friends or family, or a feast for a crowd, Mary makes it easier than ever to put a flavourful meal on the table.
Five more things you’ll love about the book:
- Looking to take the stress out of cooking? Head straight for the handy tips section at the start of the book, where Mary shares failsafe advice to help you get the best results from every recipe.
- Each recipe in Mary Makes it Easy has been designed according to 6 core easy cooking qualities: one pot, 5 ingredients or fewer, prep ahead, quick cook, freezes well and for a crowd. Handy recipe icons will help you see at a glance which of the categories each recipe belongs to, so you can quickly find the best dish for any occasion.
- Cutting down your meat intake or going full veggie? Look no further than the chapter dedicated to vegetable-based mains, which includes hero dishes like Roasted Vegetable Wellington and Wild Mushroom Pasta Bake.
- It wouldn’t be a Mary Berry cookbook without plenty of the sweet stuff and this time, Mary delights us with not one but two chapters on afters, divided into cold desserts and hot puddings, plus a chapter on bakes. Look out for classics like Old-fashioned Flapjacks and Traditional Syrup and Lemon Steamed Pudding, alongside Strawberry and Cream Ripple Pavlova and Key Lime Tranche.
- With plenty of new festive bakes and desserts to try, Mary Makes it Easy is the perfect cookbook to add to your collection in time for Christmas. Think Celebration Trifle, Bûche de Noël and Very Berry Christmas Fruit Cake.
Perfect for: Fans of Mary’s Foolproof Cooking, or anyone in need of some home cooking inspiration and wisdom from the best in the business.
Recipes from Mary Makes it Easy
More about Mary Makes it Easy
We asked a select number of Mary Berry fans to try out recipes from her latest cookbook, Mary Makes it Easy. Here’s what they thought.
Find all of your favourite recipes from Mary Berry’s 2023 BBC2 cookery TV series and cookbook, Mary Makes it Easy.