Mary Berry’s Mixed Bean and Butternut Wraps
These vegetarian wraps, as seen on Mary Berry's BBC2 series Simple Comforts, are packed with tasty beans, vegetables, and fresh herbs. They're perfect for a lunch or picnic.
From the book
I am really into wraps – they’re quick to make and easy to eat. Perfect for lunch on the go.
Catch all of your favourite recipes from Mary’s new series, Simple Comforts, here.
|400g (14oz)||peeled butternut squash, cut into 3cm (1½in) dice|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|2 tsp||ground cumin|
|200g (7oz)||soured cream|
|4||spring onions, thinly sliced|
|½||small garlic clove, crushed|
|1 tbsp||harissa paste|
|juice of ½ lemon|
|1 x 400g (14oz)||tin mixed beans, rinsed and drained|
|small bunch of coriander, chopped|
|1||small romaine lettuce, finely sliced|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C/ fan/Gas 7.
2. Put the squash on a baking sheet, drizzle it with oil, then season with a teaspoon of the cumin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the squash for about 15 minutes until lightly golden, then leave to cool.
3. Measure the soured cream into a small bowl, add the remaining ground cumin, the spring onions, garlic, harissa paste and lemon juice and mix together. Stir in the beans and chopped coriander and season well.
4. Warm the wraps in the cooling oven until just warm to the touch but not brittle.
5. Put some lettuce in the middle of each wrap and top with the bean mixture and squash. Fold in the sides and bottom, then roll up tightly and slice in half on the diagonal.