Grilled Halloumi Burgers with Chilli Ketchup and Tahini Mayo
This is a fab barbecue recipe and goes down a treat with both veggies and non-veggies –always a winner! It’s one of the most popular dishes on our evening menu.
|5 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 x 200g||pack of halloumi cheese|
|4||burger buns or wholemeal pittas|
|50g||50g rocket or similar greens|
|home-made ketchup, to serve|
|home-made Happy Pear mayo , to serve|
1. Start by preparing your veg. Cut the courgette in half and then into thin strips lengthwise. Slice the aubergines lengthwise into thin strips. Chop the pepper vertically into four large sections, discarding the core with the seeds. Chop in the halloumi into 4 thin rectangular slices.
2. Put the cut veg into a large bowl with 4 tablespoons of the oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix well until they all have a nice even coating.
3. Start to grill the prepared veg on a hot barbecue, turning regularly – you want them nicely charred but also soft and tender.
4. Remove your cooked veg from the grill and set aside while you cook the halloumi – it will cook very quickly! Put it on the barbecue until it has nice grill marks on each side, about 5 minutes.
5. Toast the buns on the barbecue, then layer them up with some homemade ketchup on the bottom bun, garlic tahini mayo on the top bun, grilled courgettes, aubergine, halloumi, roasted peppers and some rocket in between. Take the first bite . . . epic, and oh so tasty!