Green Egg Frittata
Move over green eggs and ham, hello green egg frittata! This healthy, easy recipe from The Good Life Eatery cookbook makes a great snack, breakfast or lunch.
Green Egg Frittata from The Good Life Eatery Cookbook by Shirin Kouros & Yasmine Larizadeh.
|1||medium courgette, sliced into half moons|
|8||asparagus spears, sliced into rounds about ½cm thick|
|75g||kale, stalks removed and leaves chopped|
|4 tbsp||chopped basil leaves|
|2 tbsp||chopped fresh parsley|
|6||spring onions, cut into rounds about ½cm thick|
|2||garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped|
|1/2||medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 x||quantity of Almond Pesto (see recipe below), to serve|
|For the almond pesto (makes 500g):|
|80g||Parmesan, cut into chunks|
|80g||roasted and salted almonds|
|2||garlic cloves, peeled|
|225g||basil, roughly chopped|
You will need a 20cm round springform cake tin.
To make the almond pesto:
1. Put the Parmesan into a bowl with the almonds and garlic and mix together. Remove the mixture and set aside.
2. Depending on the size of your food processor, you will need to do this in parts to avoid overcrowding the machine. Add equal parts of all the ingredients into the food processor by adding some of the Parmesan mixture, some of the olive oil, a handful of basil and a handful of spinach and blitz until crumbly. You don’t want a smooth purée. Scrape out into a large bowl and repeat this process until everything is used up.
3. Store in a sterilised glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To make the Frittata:
1. You will need a 20cm round springform cake tin lined with greaseproof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3.
3. In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk well. Add all the remaining ingredients, stir and season really well with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin and bake in the hot oven for 45–50 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
5. When cool, remove from the tin and slice into wedges. Serve with the Almond Pesto.