Raw Lemon ‘Cheesecake’ (Dairy-free)
Make a dairy-free, vegan cheesecake with this recipe from hit blogger, Livia of Livia's Kitchen. This is a simple, zesty dessert that everyone can enjoy.
Soaking cashews overnight and blending them with other ingredients creates a mix that can be left to set in the freezer to develop a thick, creamy texture. These raw ‘cheesecakes’ can be made with so many ingredients, and in my opinion lemons are one of the best to use, giving a refreshing and zesty flavour.
|lemon zest, chopped pistachios and/or fresh berries (optional)|
|60g||soft pitted Medjool dates|
|165g||unsalted pistachio kernels|
|Lemon cheesecake layer:|
|75g||raw coconut oil|
|90ml||full-fat coconut milk (mix the tin well before using)|
|90ml||fresh lemon juice|
|1||lemon, zest of|
You will need a food processor.
You will need a 24cm pie tin.
1. Soak the macadamia nuts and cashews overnight or for a minimum of 4–6 hours. Drain and rinse.
2. To make the base blend all the ingredients in a food processor until they start to come together and then pour into a 24cm pie tin and push down to cover the base.
3. To make the lemon cheesecake layer, add everything except the lemon zest to the food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Add the zest and pulse a couple of times.
5. Pour on top of the base and place in the freezer for a couple of hours to set.
6. Take out of the freezer at least 2 hours before serving and keep in the fridge.
7. Serve the cheesecake with a sprinkling of lemon zest, some chopped pistachios and fresh berries, if using.