Quick Chicken Stock
If you're in a hurry and don't have the time to make chicken stock from scratch, cheat with this recipe.
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped (no need to peel)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 5cm knob ginger, skin on
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1.7l water
1. Add the chicken breasts, carrot, garlic, onion, ginger, spring onions, and water to a medium-large pot.
2. Bring to the boil over a high heat. Turn down the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 1.5 hours.
3. Strain the stock through a colander, discarding any solids and saving the chicken for another use.
Storage: The quick chicken stock can be stored in the same way as the regular chicken stock. For easy portions, divide the stock among the compartments in an ice-cube tray, or into 240ml (8fl oz) serving sizes, before freezing.