Sweet Coconut Loaf with Berry Coulis
This needs an hour in the oven, so you may choose to make it a day ahead, but it keeps really well inan airtight container for up to a week and is delicious toasted or eaten just as it is.
|85g||brown rice flour|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|150g||fresh or frozen berries|
|raw honey, to taste|
You will need a 900g (2lb) loaf tin.
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F/Gas 4). Line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and desiccated coconut in a large mixing bowl.
3. Gently heat the oil and syrup in a small pan over a medium heat, add to the flour mixture, and stir well.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, nut milk, and vanilla. Gently fold into the flour mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and a knife inserted into thecentre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack tocool.
6. Put the berries in a small pan with ½tbsp filtered water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, simmerfor 5 minutes, then mash with a fork.
7. Toast the slices of loaf lightly, if you like, then serve with the berry coulis and topping ingredients.
Calories 230 • Fat 15.8g • Carbohydrates 15.5g • Sugar 10.3g • Sodium 102mg • Fibre 5.2g • Protein 5.8g • Cholesterol 39.6mg