Cajun Chicken with Seared Avocados
No carbs needed with this dish, it is a meal in itself.
|4||chicken breasts with skin on|
|½ tsp||Cajun seasoning|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|2||small ripe avocados, peeled, halved and stoned|
|2||medium red onions, sliced into rings|
|1||red pepper, sliced|
|juice of 1 lime|
|1 tbsp||soy sauce|
|80ml (2½floz)||soured cream|
|salt and black pepper|
|coriander and lime wedges, to serve|
You will need: an oven-proof frying pan.
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan oven 200°C, Gas mark 7.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with the Cajun seasoning. Heat a large non-stick ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add half the oil to the pan and add the chicken. Cook for 4 minutes then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan (it will finish cooking in the oven).
3. Wash the frying pan and return to a high heat. Sprinkle the avocados with the sugar. Add the avocados, cut side down, to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until charred. Remove the avocados from the pan.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the onions, red pepper and courgette and cook for 6 minutes until the onions and pepper are beginning to colour.
5. Stir in the lime juice and soy sauce. Nestle the chicken and avocados into the onion mixture. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
6. Remove the pan from the oven. Serve garnished with coriander and lime wedges.