Queen of Hearts Jam Tarts
Inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland, Cathy Cassidy and friends show you how to rustle up these tasty bakes, perfect for a Mad Hatter's tea party!
- 12 tsp jam (any flavour you like!)
- 28g caster sugar
- 255g plain flour
- 140g hard unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp cold water
You will need: a round cookie cutter
Watch Cathy and her friends make Queen of Hearts Jam Tarts!
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
2. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, add the sugar, chop the butter into small pieces and rub it into the flour and sugar until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the water tablespoon by tablespoon until it is a moist dough.
4. Grease a cupcake tray and cut the pastry into rounds larger than the rounds of your cupcake tray using a large cookie cutter.
5. Press pastry rounds gently into the tray rounds.
6. Spoon a little jam into the pastry rounds and bake at 190°C/gas mark 5 for 12–15 minutes.
WARNING: Jam can be very hot when it comes out of the oven. Leave your tarts to cool before eating!