Sweet and Spicy Salmon and Quinoa Stir-fry
A simple, easy stir-fry recipe for delicious spicy salmon served with wholesome quinoa and fresh green veggies. Make this tasty dish on a weekend when you have time to marinate it in advance.
Tender salmon fillets, marinated in a sweet orange juice and honey mixture, are beautifully paired with a rich and spicy stir-fry sauce, nutty quinoa, and fresh greens to make a flavour-packed and filling supper.
|2||salmon fillets, about 150g (51⁄2oz) each|
|100g (3½oz)||uncooked quinoa|
|1 tbsp||light olive oil|
|1 head||pak choi, white core removed and leaves sliced into ribbons|
|For the marinade:|
|200ml (7fl oz)||orange juice|
|½ tsp||dried chilli flakes|
|1 tbsp||soy sauce|
You will need: a large, sealable plastic bag and a large frying pan.
Prep: 10 mins, plus cooling and marinating. Cook: 40 mins.
1. For the marinade, place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 8–10 minutes until the liquid has reduced. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
2. Place the salmon in a large plastic bag and pour the marinade over. Seal the bag, place in the fridge, and leave to marinate for about 2 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Remove the salmon from the bag and place each one in the middle of a square sheet of foil. Roll up the sides to make baskets and pour over any remaining marinade. Continue to roll up the sides to seal the parcels and place them on a baking tray. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked.
4. Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa under running water and place in a large saucepan. Add 250ml (9fl oz) of water and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Cook for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the grain is fluffy.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the pak choi and beansprouts and fry for 3–4 minutes. Then add the cooked quinoa, mix well, and remove from the heat. Divide the quinoa and vegetable mixture between two plates. Place the salmon steaks on top and pour over remaining juices from the foil parcels. Serve hot.