Queen of Hearts Jam Tarts
These cute tarts are inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland. Learn how to make your own jam tarts at home with tips from Cathy Cassidy.
Inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland, Cathy Cassidy and friends show you how to rustle up these tasty bakes, perfect for a Mad Hatter’s tea party!
|12 tsp||jam (any flavour you like!)|
|140g||hard unsalted butter|
|6 tbsp||cold water|
You will need a round cookie cutter.
Watch Cathy and her friends make Queen of Hearts Jam Tarts!
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
2. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, add the sugar, chop the butter into small pieces and rub it into the flour and sugar until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the water tablespoon by tablespoon until it is a moist dough.
4. Grease a cupcake tray and cut the pastry into rounds larger than the rounds of your cupcake tray using a large cookie cutter.
5. Press pastry rounds gently into the tray rounds.
6. Spoon a little jam into the pastry rounds and bake at 190°C/gas mark 5 for 12–15 minutes.
WARNING: Jam can be very hot when it comes out of the oven. Leave your tarts to cool before eating!