Want to make a Christmas Pudding this year but not sure where to start? We’ve got a checklist of all the equipment you’ll need to make a Christmas pudding at home.
- Your chosen Christmas Pudding recipe! We’re plumping for Jamie Oliver’s recipe this year, from the classic Jamie Oliver’s Christmas Cookbook, which is jam-packed with reliable and easy-to-follow recipes to make the big day a doddle.
- 1 pudding basin – this can be ceramic or you could use a plastic lidded pudding basin instead and avoid that fiddly string work.
- Greaseproof paper – you’ll need this to cover the top of your pudding, whether you use a ceramic or plastic basin.
- Kitchen foil – you’ll need to this wrap your pud up if you’re steaming it in a basin without a lid (like the traditional ceramic option).
- String – to wrap that Christmas pudding up nice and tight.
- Your trivet of choice. Keep your pud off the base of the saucepan with a DIY trivet. We’re using a small, hardy saucer, inverted with the pudding placed on top.
- A deep saucepan to simmer your pudding in. If you don’t have a deep saucepan, you can simmer your pudding in the oven using a deep roasting dish and filling it up with water, so it reaches halfway up the pudding basin.
- Mulled wine to keep your kitchen as jolly as possible. Or how about a super luxurious mug of hot chocolate instead?
- Sparkly star decorations optional but recommended for festive cheer, of course.
From the book
Jamie Oliver’s Christmas Cookbook
Jamie Oliver's classic recipes for Christmas
All the recipes you'll need, from basics and starters to party food and edible gifts
Indulgent crowd-pleasers with Jamie's signature twists