Super Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a brilliant form of protein and a ‘superfood’, so I am always keen to come up with different recipes that incorporate it. As I love salads and dressings, this is one of my preferred ways of eating quinoa. Served with a piece of toast spread with hummus, it’s perfect for lunch.
- 60g quinoa
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, very thinly sliced or chopped small
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- For the dressing:
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (fine grain)
- juice of 1 lemon (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
Simmer the quinoa in water (approx. 200ml), checking the cooking instructions on the packet. Drain, set aside and leave to cool. Then transfer the quinoa, spring onions, chopped tomato, sliced carrot and parsley into a medium salad bowl or mixing bowl. Toss together well.
In a small bowl or cup, using a fork, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with a small pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa and vegetables, mix together well and serve.