Raw Chocolate Instant Energy Treats
- 125g dark tahini
- 115g raw honey, maple syrup or rice syrup
- 50g raw cacao powder
- 25g coconut oil
- 25g ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- extra cacao powder, to coat (optional)
- bee pollen granules, to coat (optional)
1. Put all the ingredients, except the sesame seeds, in a food processor and whizz until you have a sticky paste. Add the sesame seeds and pulse a few times to combine – the seeds need to remain whole.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour so that it firms up a little.
3. Divide the mixture into 16 evenly sized portions and roll into balls. If the mixture is too sticky, wet your hands a little.
4. On separate plates, sprinkle a layer of bee pollen granules and some cacao powder, if desired. Gently roll the balls in one or the other. They should be less sticky now and easy to roll into the perfect shape.
5. Put the balls back in the fridge for at least another hour before eating. Serve chilled.