Beetroot and Yoghurt Dip
Beetroot and Yoghurt Dip from Claire Thomson's The Five O'Clock Apron cookbook. This wonderfully coloured dip is delicious served with breadsticks as an afternoon snack or as part of a selection of antipasti.
|500g||cooked and peeled beetroot, cut into chunks|
|1||clove of garlic, peeled|
|2 tsp||cumin seeds, roasted and ground|
|1 tbsp||red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar, or to taste|
|3 tbsp||extra-virgin olive oil|
|1||small bunch of dill, roughly chopped|
1. Place the beetroot in a blender with the garlic, cumin, vinegar, 2 tablespoons of oil and all but about 1 tablespoon of the chopped dill. Blend to an utterly smooth purée.
2. Add the yoghurt andpulse quickly,once or twice, to amalgamate.
3. Add salt to taste. You may also need a few more drops of vinegar if you want a sharper purée.
4. Spoon out into a shallow serving bowl or plate.
5. Top with the reserved chopped dill and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Serve with flatbreads or breadsticks. This beetroot purée is also very nice studded with pieces of feta cheese on top.