|1 ½ tbsp||oil|
|4 tbsp||nutritional yeast|
|4 tbsp||tamari/soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||garlic powder (or 4 cloves of garlic, super-finely chopped)|
|A pinch||freshly ground black pepper|
|4 tbsp||olive oil|
You will need: a sieve and a 1 litre jug/large bowl.
1. Peel and finely chop the onion.
2. Put a small non-stick saucepan on a high heat and add the oil. Once the pan has heated up, add the chopped onion and cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Mix the vegetable stock in a large jug with the nutritional yeast, tamari, garlic powder (or finely chopped garlic) and black pepper.
4. Pour the stock mix into the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat down to a gentle simmer. Sift the cornflour into the mix a little at a time, stirring continuously. Then add the olive oil and cook for a further 3–4 minutes.
5. Place a sieve over a 1 litre jug/large bowl and pour through the gravy from the pan. For a thicker consistency and stronger taste, you can leave the mixture to simmer for longer. Enjoy!