Superfood Salad with Miso and Tahini Dressing
Nick Knowles' recipe for superfood salad with a delicious miso and tahini dressing is quick and easy to prepare, and packed with flavourful, feel-good ingredients, perfect for a vegan lunch or a lighter evening meal.
From the book
As a veggie, miso is your friend – it makes an easy soup and will liven up anything; tahini is your other friend, in any kind of dressing. So this is like having your friends over on a salad that’s good for you.
|140g||rainbow kale, torn into bite-sized pieces|
|175g||butternut squash, peeled and diced|
|175g||sweet potato, peeled and diced|
|6 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tbsp||maple syrup|
|2||corn on the cobs|
|1||ripe avocado, sliced|
|Small bunch||coriander leaves, roughly chopped|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|For the dressing:|
|1 tbsp||white miso paste|
|2 tbsp||tahini paste|
|2 tsp||agave syrup|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|1||garlic clove, grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
2. In a jug, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Place the kale in a large mixing bowl and toss with the dressing, then set aside while you make the rest of the salad. This helps to soften the kale.
3. Toss the butternut squash and sweet potato with half the olive oil,maple syrup, salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes until tender. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside.
4. Cut the kernels off the corn cob by carefully running your knife lengthways down it. Place the corn kernels and broccoli in a roasting tray and drizzle with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the same oven as the squash for 15 minutes until just charred. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
5. To assemble the salad, toss the corn through the kale and portion onto 4 plates. Layer up with the squash and sweet potato, broccoli, pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds. Place the avocado slices on top and sprinkle with a handful of coriander.