Roasted Vegetable and Tofu Traybake
Everyone loves a traybake. They are so versatile and easy to prepare and cook and washing up is kept to a minimum. This is great for weekday evenings when you get home from work and don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
|400g/14oz||extra-ﬁrm or ﬁrm tofu, pressed|
|2 tbsp||light soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||clear honey, agave syrup, maple syrup or brown sugar|
|1 tsp||sesame oil|
|2||garlic cloves, crushed|
|1 tbsp||grated fresh root ginger|
|A pinch of||crushed chilli ﬂakes|
|450g/1lb||sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks|
|2||red onions, cut into wedges|
|2||red or yellow (bell) peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks|
|300g/10oz||baby carrots, trimmed and scrubbed olive oil for, drizzling|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling|
|sweet chilli sauce or soy sauce, for drizzling (optional)|
Prep: 15 minutes | Marinate: 20 minutes | Cook: 40 Minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, gas mark 6.
2. Cut the tofu into slices and place in a shallow bowl. Combine the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chilli flakes in a small jug, whisk and pour over the tofu. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Arrange all the vegetables, in a single layer, in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Add the tofu to the vegetables in the pan and pour any remaining marinade over the top. Return to the oven for 15 minutes, or until the tofu is golden brown and the vegetables are tender.
5. Divide between 4 serving plates, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately. If wished, drizzle with sweet chilli sauce or soy sauce.
– Try other vegetables: pumpkin, swede, butternut squash, parsnips, aubergine, tomatoes, green beans or asparagus.
– Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses.
– Sprinkle with chopped coriander.