Making your own granola is so easy and you can even personalise it, adding the exact ingredients you want. Enjoy it as a cold breakfast cereal, layer it with yoghurt and sliced fruit for a pud, or just have some as a nutritious on-the-go snack.
|320g||rolled oats (gluten-free if required)|
|2 tbsp||brown sugar|
|1 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||sea salt|
|75g||chopped pecans, walnuts, or your favourite nut|
|4 tbsp||pumpkin seeds|
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F/Gas 2).
2. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil and maple syrup, and pour over the oat mixture. Using a large spatula, fold the ingredients together until everything is well mixed.
4. Spread the granola on a large baking sheet, and bake for 20–25 minutes, stirring twice during baking, until the granola is toasted and golden brown.
5. Transfer to a clean bowl; stir in the pecans, raisins, and pumpkin seeds; and allow to cool completely. Store in a tightly sealed glass jar for up to 1 week.
Tip: You can easily customize this recipe. For Nutty Chocolate Granola, add some chocolate chips. For Coconutty Granola, add some flaked coconut. Change the nuts or seeds as you like, use as many different kinds of dried fruit as you like, include some candied ginger. Try cardamom or ground nutmeg instead of, or in addition to, the cinnamon.