Tips for Better Baking
16 April 2009
Lucy Young provides expert advice on everything you need to know to become a better baker. This handy reference will show you how to make the perfect cake and includes a q&a solving the most frequently asked baking problems. Incorporating a wide range of recipes from luxurious sponge cakes to healthy fruit bars there are even recipes ideal for baking with children.
Features advice on:
* making the most of your ingredients
* the best cooking times and temperatures for light fluffy sponges every time
* avoiding and solving common problems, such as flat or stodgy texture
* basic, foolproof recipes that always work
* storage tips to make cakes last longer
* decorating and icing for lovely finishing flourishes
Tips for Better Baking is packed with top tips, insider knowledge and recipe ideas – there is something for everyone from the keen baker, to the complete beginner.