The Probiotics Revolution
If the thought of bacteria conjures up images of germs that should be avoided at all costs - and certainly not ingested - think again! Some friendly bacteria, called probiotics, are not only beneficial to your health, they're essential. Now one of the leading researchers in the field sheds light on the extraordinary benefits of these natural health superstars.
The Probiotics Revolution is an up-to-the-minute, highly accessible guide to probiotics and the foods and supplements that contain and support them. Discover:
- The key role of probiotics and prebiotics in restoring healthy balance to our bodies
- How to use probiotic foods and supplements to prevent and relieve allergies, IBS, yeast infections and much more
- A step-by-step plan for incorporating probiotics and prebiotics into your diet
- A complete buyer's guide to probiotic supplements
- How to introduce probiotics to your family and children
With new evidence to suggest that probiotics may help to fight asthma, cardiovascular disease, breast and colon cancer, autoimmune disease, chronic fatigue and even obesity, this is more than just Yakult - it is the health guide for 2007.