Want to make a Christmas Pudding this year but not sure where to start? We've got a checklist of all the equipment you'll need to make a Christmas pudding at home.
- Your chosen Christmas Pudding recipe! We're plumping for Jamie Oliver's recipe this year, from the classic Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook, which is jam-packed with reliable and easy-to-follow recipes to make the big day a doddle.
- 1 pudding basin - this can be ceramic or you could use a plastic lidded pudding basin instead and avoid that fiddly string work.
- Greaseproof paper - you'll need this to cover the top of your pudding, whether you use a ceramic or plastic basin.
- Kitchen foil - you'll need to this wrap your pud up if you're steaming it in a basin without a lid (like the traditional ceramic option).
- String - to wrap that Christmas pudding up nice and tight.
- Your trivet of choice. Keep your pud off the base of the saucepan with a DIY trivet. We're using a small, hardy saucer, inverted with the pudding placed on top.
- A deep saucepan to simmer your pudding in. If you don't have a deep saucepan, you can simmer your pudding in the oven using a deep roasting dish and filling it up with water, so it reaches halfway up the pudding basin.
- Mulled wine to keep your kitchen as jolly as possible. Or how about a super luxurious mug of hot chocolate instead?
- Sparkly star decorations optional but recommended for festive cheer, of course.
You can find more lip-smackingly delicious Christmas recipes from the failsafe Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook by clicking here.