*THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED*
Jenny Linford's The Missing Ingredient explores the essential role that time plays in the preparation of food. Divided into chapters based on the length of time taken to prepare each ingredient, from minutes to years, readers will encounter fascinating sections on everything from cooking the perfect steak to the ageing of balsamic vinegar, as Jenny reveals that it is time itself that is the essential component when it comes to realising the full potential of culinary ingredients.
To celebrate the release of The Missing Ingredient we have a total of six foodie hampers bursting with different ingredients to give away along with a copy of the book. We have two Fresh Wasabi Starter Packs, two Hodmedod Big Vegan Boxes and two Hodmedod British Pulse and Quinoa Boxes up for grabs.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the below question (you can find a hint here). Best of luck!
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over who is a resident of the UK (excluding the Channel Islands), with a UK shipping address, except for employees of Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The competition opens on 10th May and closes at midnight on 10th June. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered.
4. The prize is for 6 winners to receive 1 of the following hampers each, the type of hamper will be chosen for them. The Fresh Wasabi Starter Pack includes 50g Fresh Wasabi Rhizome, imitation sharkskin greater and bamboo wasabi brush. The Hodmedod Big Vegan Box includes a selection of Hodmedod roasted beans and peas, Hodmedod's original four cartons of dried beans and peas, a pack each Hodmedod's quinoa and yellow peas flour, plus three varieties of Hodmedod canned beans. The Hodmedod British Pulse and Quinoa Taster Box contains a pack each of Hodmedod British quinoa, organic split fava beans, yellow pea flour, and lightly salted roasted fava beans, plus a can of carlin peas. No cash alternative will be offered.
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend the competition with or without notice. We reserve the right to change the prize at any time during or after the competition.
6. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 2 weeks of the closing date and the winners will be notified by email within 1 month of the closing date. 3 winners will be picked at random from all qualifying entries received. If you do not claim your prize within 10 days of the Promoter notifying you, a new winner will be selected at random from the other entrants.
7. The winner agrees to the promoter’s use of their name in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
10. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The promoter’s contact details are: Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd, 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL