*THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED*
To celebrate The Big Family Cooking Showdown hitting our TV screens and the release of the mouth-watering accompanying cookbook, we're giving away two places at judge Rosemary Shrager's cookery school plus a copy of the book too.
The prize includes:
- 2 places on Rosemary Shrager's Cookery School 'Half Day Course' (see full details below)
- A copy of The Big Family Cooking Showdown cookbook
For your chance to win, simply answer the question below (HINT: You can find the answer here).
Half Day Cookery Course at Rosemary Shrager's Cookery School Details
Situated in Tunbridge Wells, Rosemary Shrager's Cookery School draws inspiration from the borough's stately ambience. Housed within the Grade II listed Corn Exchange, the school is lavish with ultramodern equipment. Choose from a range of styles, such as Italian and gluten free, or learn how to make a flawless afternoon tea. All ingredients are local and fresh - it's sustainable (and sophisticated) cooking at its best. On arrival, enjoy croissants before a variety of flamboyant and informative cookery demonstrations from chefs. Benefit from an accumulation of knowledge from teachers and classmates. Finish with a light set lunch or, depending on the class, food you prepared earlier.
Fridays and selected weekends throughout the year (subject to availability).
Both beginners and those with previous cooking experience aged 18 or over are welcome. Lift access and workstation ramps are available for wheelchair users. Wheelchair users can participate in the cooking - please call the venue beforehand to arrange.
The course starts at 10am and finishes at 1.30pm. Expect to be at the venue for three and a half hours.
Guests are advised to wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes with flat, non-slip soles and covered toes. The courses are very much hands on - the venue will provide aprons and everything else that you require.
Some courses use induction hobs and therefore are unsuitable for anyone with a pacemaker (please check details at point of booking).
Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over who is a resident of the UK (excluding the Channel Islands), with a UK shipping address, except for employees of Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The competition opens on 7th September 2017 and closes at midnight on 15th October 2017. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered.
4. The prize is for 1 winners to receive a copy of The Big Family Cooking Showdown cookbook and 2x places on Rosemary Shrager's Cookery School 'Half Day Course'. No cash alternative will be offered.
6. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend the competition with or without notice. We reserve the right to change the prize at any time during or after the competition.
7. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 2 weeks of the closing date and the winners will be notified by email within 1 month of the closing date. 1 winner will be picked at random from all qualifying entries received.
8. The winner agrees to the promoter’s use of their name in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
10. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
11. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. The promoter’s contact details are: Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.