Quinoa and Edamame Salad with Honey and Ginger Dressing
For anyone who struggles to pronounce quinoa, it sounds like ‘keen–wah’. It’s one of the world’s most popular superfoods, loaded with protein, fibre and minerals (and it doesn’t contain gluten). Combine it with my tasty dressing and edamame (young soya) beans and you can have a super-healthy salad without compromising on taste.
- 150g quinoa
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp canned sweetcorn kernels
- 100g shelled edamame beans, cooked and refreshed under cold running water
- salt and black pepper
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh root ginger
1. Put the quinoa and 300 ml (½ pint) of water into a small saucepan. Cover, then bring to the boil. Stir and turn off the heat, then re-cover and set aside until all of the water has been absorbed. Season and leave to cool.
2. Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl with the grated carrot, spring onions, sweetcorn and edamame beans.
3. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, then add to the salad and mix well before serving.
TIP: If your honey has solidified, spoon it into a microwave-safe bowl, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and it will turn back into runny honey