Decadent Coconut Hot Chocolate
I’ve used both cacao powder and dark chocolate here for the ultimate chocolate hit – this hot chocolate is seriously rich! Thick and creamy, the coconut milk gives it a hint of lovely coconut flavour. Feel free to use another homemade nut milk instead of the almond milk if you like. This is a perfect weekend breakfast treat.
- 200ml full-fat tinned coconut milk
- 125ml almond milk
- 1 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 1 heaped tsp coconut sugar or unrefined brown sugar
- 50g high-quality dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips, chopped
- coconut whipped cream, toasted shredded coconut and chocolate shavings, to serve (optional)
Put all the ingredients into a small saucepan over a medium heat and simmer, whisking constantly, for about 5 minutes, until steaming and the chocolate has melted.
Serve in small glasses – it’s very rich!