From the co-authors of multiple bestselling Ottolenghi books, including NOPI: The Cookbook, Sweet, and Simple comes the latest must-have Middle Eastern cookbook. A love letter to Palestine and its food, Falastin is packed with beautiful and exciting recipes for everything from big, flavourful salads to delicate, honey-soaked pastries. The book is also full of stunning travel photography, as well as stories from rarely-heard Palestinian voices, and is perfect for anyone interested in understanding more about this much-discussed but largely undiscovered country.
To celebrate the release of Falastin, we've teamed up with Zaytoun, a community interest company which imports high-quality, fairly traded products from Palestine to the UK, to offer one lucky cook the chance win a year's supply of extra virgin olive oil. The winner will also receive a copy of Falastin, so their deliciously peppery Palestinian olive oil can be put to good use.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply fill in your details and answer the question below (you might find a useful hint here).
Terms & Conditions:
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over who is a resident of the UK (excluding the Channel Islands), with a UK shipping address, except for employees of Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The competition opens on Friday 28th February 2020 and closes at midnight on 26th July 2020. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered.
4. The prize is for 1 winner to receive a year's supply of extra virgin olive oil (12 x 500ml bottles) from Zaytoun and a copy of Falastin by Sami Tamimi and Tara Wigley. No cash alternative will be offered.
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend the competition with or without notice. We reserve the right to change the prize at any time during or after the competition.
6. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 48 hours of the closing date and the winners will be notified by email within 1 month of the closing date. 1 winner will be picked at random from all qualifying entries received.
7. The winner agrees to the promoter’s use of their name in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
9. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
10. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The promoter’s contact details are: Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.