*THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED* Our favourite foodie twins, The Happy Pear, owners of The Happy Pear café in Ireland, authors of two prior cookbooks and plant-based eating pioneers, are back with a third cookbook, Recipes for Happiness. Full of colourful, inspiring and happy-making recipes, this is a cookbook that will appeal to everyone, with plenty of family favourites with a vegan twist, easy midweek meals that are perfect after a day of work, and plant-based versions of comfort food classics.
To celebrate the release of Recipes for Happiness, we have teamed up with Tourism Ireland to offer you and a friend the chance to discover the foodie scene in the twins’ beautiful homeland of Ireland. The brilliant prize includes return flights from Mainland Britain to Dublin, airport transfers, two nights in a 4* hotel in Dublin and a voucher to spend at The Happy Pear café in Greystones.
Dublin is ‘a breath of fresh air’, where you‘ll move easily from the vibrant city centre life to the peaceful tranquillity of its picturesque coastal villages in less than 30 minutes. Spend some time exploring the iconic city sites like Trinity College, the Guinness Storehouse and free museums like the Irish Museum of Modern Art, or the National Gallery of Ireland. Just 30 minutes away is Greystones, a charming seaside town and home to the Happy Pear twins. Hop on the Dart train and take in the beautiful coastal views. A walk along the coastal cliff path from Bray to Greystones is the perfect way to work up an appetite, and what better way to satisfy your hunger than with a delicious lunch made from local produce in The Happy Pear café.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over who is a resident of the UK (excluding the Channel Islands), with a UK shipping address, except for employees of Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The competition opens on 22nd May and closes at midnight on 30th June. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered.
4. The prize is for one winner to win a trip for two to Ireland, consisiting of the following:
- Flights: travel by air includes return flights on a direct route from one of the following UK Airports to Dublin: London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester International, Birmingham International, Liverpool, Edinburgh, London City, London Luton, Glasgow International Airport. Travelling budget class including pre-booked seat subject to restrictions and no changes permitted. Booked to travel with Hand Luggage only. Fees for any changes requested by the prizewinner after the booking has been completed are not covered in the prize arrangement and must be paid for in advance by the prizewinner. Valid Photo ID/Passport required for travel and on-line check-in is compulsory on Ryanair flights. These requirements will be outlined when arranging flight itinerary. Carrier Terms and Conditions apply – prizewinner’s mobile no. is supplied to airline during reservation process. Meals on flights not covered. Prizewinner and guest must travel on same itinerary.
- Accommodation: Four Star Dublin hotel of Tourism Ireland's choosing - based on two sharing twin room for two nights.
- Meals: full Irish breakfast each morning plus a meal for two up to the value of €100 at The Happy Pear cafe in Greystones.
- Transfers: Details to be confirmed – tailored arrangement. Transfers between Dublin and The Happy Pear café are NOT included.
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation Extras – e.g. phone calls, drinks, meals, snacks or activities
- Any other travel or transfers
Prize transferable at the discretion of Tourism Ireland. Prize not redeemable for cash, exchangeable for any other service or cash offered in lieu of unused elements of the prize. No Show or cancelling the arrangement invalidates the prize. Any changes made after the arrangement has been confirmed will be at the expense of the prizewinner. Flight Tickets are non-refundable for cancellation and variable change fees apply which must be paid by the prizewinner. On Course Travel reserves the right to apply an administration charge in addition to the airline change fee and fare increase – payable in advance by the prizewinner. Prize is as described and booked as one package – elements of the arrangement cannot be split to be used separately or individually. On Course Travel is not responsible for costs resulting from cancellation or delays to transportation services or loss of luggage.
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend the competition with or without notice. We reserve the right to change the prize at any time during or after the competition.
6. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 2 weeks of the closing date and the winners will be notified by email within 1 month of the closing date. 3 winners will be picked at random from all qualifying entries received. If you do not claim your prize within 10 days of the Promoter notifying you, a new winner will be selected at random from the other entrants.
7. The winner agrees to the promoter’s use of their name in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
10. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The promoter’s contact details are: Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd, 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL