*THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED*
Brand new cookbook, Berber & Q by Josh Katz, the chef and restaurateur behind the popular East London restaurant of the same name, is brimming with creative recipes to help you make the most of barbecue season. International influences, and particularly flavours of the Middle East, can be found in mouth-watering and unashamedly meaty recipes, although there are plenty of creative vegetable-based mains as well as sides, condiments and puddings in there too.
To celebrate the release of Berber & Q, we have teamed up with the Big Green Egg to offer one lucky winner the chance to win a Minimax Big Green Egg barbecue and a copy of the book.
The Big Green Egg is not a normal barbecue, it’s a charcoal-based ceramic barbecue that offers a wide range of precise cooking modes. It can sear, roast, smoke or bake pizzas in temperatures ranging from 80-400C.
The EGG introduces a whole range of techniques previously never thought possible on the traditional British BBQ. Rapidly gaining favour amongst UK foodies, the EGG is also used by some of the UK’s best chefs in Michelin starred restaurants and gastropubs.
The EGG is made with NASA inspired ceramics and patented technology and will safely cook large joints of meat with ease. Feel confident about putting more expensive cuts of meat on a barbecue. This is not a normal piece of kit and will help you cook seriously good food, all year round. You can find more information about the specifics of the Minimax here.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question (you can find a hint here).
Terms & Conditions
1. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this competition.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over who is a resident of the UK (excluding the Channel Islands), with a UK shipping address, except for employees of Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The competition opens on 29th May and closes at midnight on 30th June. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered.
4. The prize is for 1 winner to receive a Big Green Egg Minimax and a copy of Berber & Q. No cash alternative will be offered.
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend the competition with or without notice. We reserve the right to change the prize at any time during or after the competition.
6. The competition will be judged by the promoter within 2 weeks of the closing date and the winners will be notified by email within 1 month of the closing date. 10 winners will be picked at random from all qualifying entries received. If you do not claim your prize within 10 days of the Promoter notifying you, a new winner will be selected at random from the other entrants.
7. The winner agrees to the promoter’s use of their name in relation to the promoter’s publicity material.
10. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The promoter’s contact details are: Penguin Random House (UK) Ltd, 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL