Sweet Coconut Loaf with Berry Coulis
This needs an hour in the oven, so you may choose to make it a day ahead, but it keeps really well inan airtight container for up to a week and is delicious toasted or eaten just as it is.
- 85g coconut flour
- 85g brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g desiccated coconut
- 75g coconut oil
- 150ml maple syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 300ml nut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g fresh or frozen berries
- 500g natural yogurt
- 150g fresh berries
- 75g walnuts, chopped
- raw honey, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F/Gas 4). Line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and desiccated coconut in a large mixing bowl.
3. Gently heat the oil and syrup in a small pan over a medium heat, add to the flour mixture, and stir well.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, nut milk, and vanilla. Gently fold into the flour mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and a knife inserted into thecentre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack tocool.
6. Put the berries in a small pan with ½tbsp filtered water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, simmerfor 5 minutes, then mash with a fork.
7. Toast the slices of loaf lightly, if you like, then serve with the berry coulis and topping ingredients.
Calories 230 • Fat 15.8g • Carbohydrates 15.5g • Sugar 10.3g • Sodium 102mg • Fibre 5.2g • Protein 5.8g • Cholesterol 39.6mg