Superfood Granola Balls
- 100g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 50g maple syrup, rice syrup or raw honey
- 50g coconut oil
- 100g rolled oats
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 25g chia seeds
- 50g flaked almonds
- 25g ground almonds
- 25g raisins
- 25g goji berries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp acai powder or baobab powder
1. Put the blueberries in a pan with 1 tablespoon of water. Bring to the boil and simmer until the blueberries are really soft and squishy. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and heat through until combined.
2. Combine all the other ingredients in a big bowl. Add the blueberry mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined. The mixture will be sticky. Divide into 16 evenly sized portions and roll into balls.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating raw.
Alternative: You can also bake these bites. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan/350°F/Gas 4). Place on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper, and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool and serve.