Steak with tarragon and mushroom sauce
- 4 thick sirloin or fillet steaks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150ml (5fl oz) wine
- 100ml (3½fl oz) double cream
- 150g (5 oz) brown mushrooms, sliced
- a few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and black pepper
1. Take the steaks out of the fridge for 10 minutes before cooking. Season and rub with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Heat a frying pan until hot. Fry the steaks for 4 minutes on each side until medium pink. Set aside on a plate to rest.
2.Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft. Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the cream and mushrooms. Stir for 3 minutes then add the Worcestershire sauce and tarragon and season. Serve the sauce with the rested steaks.