Red Peppers, Anchovies, Almonds, Thyme and Rice
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 200 g long-grain rice
- Pinch of salt
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 300 ml water
- 12 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 40 g walnut, broken into small pieces
- 60 g flaked almond, slightly roasted
- 12 small red peppers, cut to retain the top, peeled and seeded
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 4 slices of 1cm each
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Into a hot sauté pan, add some of the olive oil and the onion. Stir on a slow heat, making the onions become shiny without giving them any colouration.
Add the rice and a pinch of salt. Continue stirring on a low heat until the rice is shiny and very hot. Add the white wine and the thyme. Add the water and cover. Cook for 7 minutes on a very low heat.
Remove the rice from the heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes. In a bowl mix the anchovies, walnuts, almonds and rice together with more olive oil.
Fill each red pepper with the mix and put them each on a slice of raw potato in a roasting tray. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Serve on a large plate accompanied by a salad of seasoned wild rocket.