Crunchy Custard-Baked Apples
A light and healthy dessert recipe with the flavour of delicious, oven cooked, caramelized apples and a oaty, nutty granola topping.
- 500g carton ready-made custard
- 6 Bramley apples, halved through the middle and core removed
- zest and juice 1 orange
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 6 tbsp crunchy granola with almonds
- cream or ice cream, to serve (optional)
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Pour the custard into a large baking dish. Toss the apples in the orange zest and juice, cinnamon and sugar.
Arrange the apples, cut-side up, on top of the custard and drizzle with any extra juice from the bowl. Sprinkle over the granola and bake for 30 mins, until the apples are soft and piping hot – cover after 20 mins if the granola is getting dark. Serve with a drizzle of cream or a scoop of ice cream, if you like.