Apricot, Pecan, Raisin and Chocolate Cookies
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 150g porridge oats
- 75g self-raising flour, sifted
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 50g raisins
- 25g pecans, roughly chopped
- 100g dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4 and line two large baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
2. Cream the butter with the sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy, then add the egg and beat again. Fold in the remaining ingredients until well incorporated.
3. Shape the cookie dough into 20 balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, well-spaced apart, and press down slightly to flatten. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden but still slightly soft in the middle. Leave to cool on the sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.